Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saying goodbye to Farrah

Growing up, I used to want to be a Charlie's Angel. They were smart, strong and leading ladies of the 1970s and Texas' own Farrah was one of the originals.

But even though she was a legend in her own way, she stayed down to earth. In fact, one of my co-workers says she still used to visit a friend here in Houston, who happened to have a child in her son's class. She tells me that the former "Angel" was always a true Texan at heart: always real and always generous.

Now she's gone and believe it or not, I could not find any "Farrah tribute" events anywhere in Houston. So I've decided to do my own little tribute to the Texan girl based on what I've learned.

1) Smile, because it can't hurt, even in the bad times.

2) Even supermodels can have bad hair days.

3) Never take anything for granted.

4) Be positive and never give up living - even if you have cancer.

5) Always keep your family and friends close to you.

Oh, and I thought I'd share this old commercial. My friend sent it to me from YouTube. I don't remember the commerical, but I do remember seeing the shampoo bottle in my mom's bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment