Monday, January 9, 2012

Whew! I survived my first newscast!


The first episode of News10@9 was this morning and it went pretty smoothly. Of course, I was nervous and had to avoid caffeine in the morning so I wouldn’t talk at record speed, but other than that it wasn’t bad.

But it wasn’t all me -- as I'm the newbie on the set. The crew and on-air team were fabulous and held it together when I was floundering. Our anchor Dan Elliott saved me when I was trying to talk about why Marty Schottenheimer was trending high on Facebook. Sure, I knew he was interviewing for the Bucs, but not being a big sports fan, I couldn’t convincingly give my opinion about the interview.

Thankfully, Dan was ready and willing to give his sports opinion.

But when it came to talking about the Occupy movement at UC Davis and Modesto Junior College, I had that area covered and could them exactly who was doing what and where. Whoohoo!

Now I just have to do it all again tomorrow -- and I should remember to suck in my stomach.  I had no idea the camera would have so many full body shots.

Check out the opening segment in the video.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! And congrats! So are you on every day now? I'll have to check my OnDemand thingy as I'm virtually never alive at 9am!

    ReplyDelete