Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weird Places to Sleep: The Treehotel in Sweden

A lot of people ask where I get my ideas for my bucket list and if I have any recommendations for them. 

I get my ideas from everywhere.  My list is constantly evolving as my life evolves.

Everyone has their own dreams, goals and personal achievements.  And everyone's dream is different. So while I can't tell you what to put on your list, I can share some of the interesting things I've come across to see if they inspire you. 

Not all of these are on my bucket list - in fact, many of them aren't.  However, they are interesting and you never know...you might see something you absolutely MUST do.

WEIRD PLACES TO SLEEP

Over the years, I've come across some strange hotels. There are the infamous ice hotels, but there are some other accommodates that are just as unusual -- and not as chilly.

THE TREE HOTEL IN SWEDEN

If visiting Sweden is on your list, you may want to check out the village of Harads. It's located in the north of Sweden and is the home of the Treehotel.

Yes, that's right. You get to sleep in a treehouse. I wonder if this idea came from that 70s series, "The Swiss Family Robinson"?  I used to love watching that as a kid.

I checked out the photos online and it's a little rustic. I can only describe it as camping meets IKEA.

But it is interesting. When you visit the Treehotel, you'll find five individual treehouses built among the native pines of the Lule River Valley. Each treehouse is one-of-kind and has been uniquely designed by a different architect. There is even one that looks a bit like a UFO.

The philosophy behind the Treehotel was to have a group of unique rooms created in harmony with nature, and with strong ecological values. But it's not just about sleeping a tree.  They also have great outdoor activities such as village walks, horseback riding, kayaking and for the more adventurous, they have a highland cattle safari.

If hanging out in a tree isn't romantic enough, they do offer a midnight ride with snacks and they have a tree sauna.

If you want to find out more, you can visit The Treehouse in Sweden's website.

FOLLOW MICHELLE PONTO ON FACEBOOK




.

No comments:

Post a Comment