Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Crossing Aerosmith's Steven Tyler off the Bucket List


Me with Steven Tyler
The best thing about life is that you never know when you’re going to get the opportunity to cross something off your bucket list.

One of the things on my list is “Meet Steven Tyler from Aerosmith”. That’s really all I had. No idea of what I would do if I actually met him or how it was even going to happen. I just had it on the list – mostly because I think he’s kind of sexy and has a good sense of humor. But mostly because, let’s face it, he’s Steven Tyler.

Like I said, I didn’t really have a plan on how I would meet him. I just wanted it to happen.

This weekend, it happened.

I was at an NPC Bikini Competition in Reno, Nevada. It was intermission and I was waiting for my turn as my class was going to be up next. It was then that I saw him wander in through the stage door. No body guards. No entourage. Just him.

The guy standing beside me was like, “Isn’t that Steven Tyler?”

For a second the entire backstage was quiet as realization clicked in…and then all the girls swarmed him to get pictures taken. I was torn about what to do. A part of me was saying, “This is your bucket list coming true. You have to meet him.” But another part of me was being shy and too afraid to approach. Also, my iPhone was back by my clothes and I didn't want to risk running back to the changing area and then have him gone when I returned (remember I was about to go on stage so all I had on was my shiny blue bikini).

At the last minute, I sucked up all my courage and did it. Just as he was saying “just a two more shots”, I took the risk. I jumped in with another bikini girl and got the photo. Thankfully, she emailed it to me later.

Oh, and yes, he’s just as sexy as I imagined in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment