Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Getting ready for Amgen Celebrity bike ride

Do you know how far a metric is? It’s 100 kilometers which is a pretty long way by car – but believe me, it’s going to be much longer by bike.

The reason I’m telling you this has to do with the upcoming Amgen Tour of California. If you don't know what this is, it's kind of like the Tour of France except this is the California version.  All the famous cycling people participate in the race and you have to be good to enter.  They have qualifying races and everything.

I’ve always wanted to do the tour, but we all know that’s not going to happen as I’m not exactly dedicated to cycling like Lance Armstrong. Still, it's part of my bucket list.  So when they asked me if I wanted to be a part of the Amgen Celebrity Bike Ride as part of the Gold Country Metric Century Ride, I instantly said “Yes.”

Then I checked out the details and it turns out the celebrity bike ride is nothing to sneeze at. It's a metric –100 long kilometers.

But I’m going to do it.  Starting tomorrow, I’m going to stop sleeping in and will put my New Year’s resolution into practice because this is one fitness challenge I’m not passing up.

I have until May 14 to get my butt into shape. Then I’ll get my chance to follow the Stage 3 of the same race course the pro cyclists will take in the 2011 Amgen Tour of California in Auburn, California.

Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment