Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blowing the diet with the best pancakes in town

Pancakes have to be the comfort food for the food-lovers soul. I have absolutely no resistance to them--which could be why the people at Orphan Breakfast House in East Sacramento have seen me two weekends in a row.

I started off being good by getting up early and running 5 miles in the park. But somewhere around mile 3, I started fantasizing about their pancakes and how Orphan is only a block away from McKinley Park. Coincedence? I think not.

By mile 4, I had already decided that if I made through mile 5, I would jog over and look at their menu.

Only look. No eating involved. I swear, I just wanted to see what their specials were.

That was my downfall.

This Sunday their special was raspberry and poppy seed pancakes with lemon curd. OMG. How could I turn that down? It’s not like I can make those at home. I’m not even sure what goes into making a tasty lemon curd.

So yes, I ordered them…with a side of rosemary potatoes. I figured if I was already falling off the no carb wagon, I might as well go all out and get the works.

And it was worth it.

I may even be back next -- just to see what they have on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment