Sunday, April 10, 2011

Taste Restaurant: The perfect way to end a day of wine tasting

Grilled tuna
Fine dining in Amador County’s Plymouth? I would have never considered driving 45 minutes to Plymouth for dinner, but that was before I ventured into Taste Restaurant. Now I'm telling all my friends about it because this place is too good to miss.

Located on the town’s Main Street, Taste Restaurant is a decadent delight – and the perfect way to end a day of wine tasting in the foothills. From their best-selling mushroom cigars to their main courses, you won’t be disappointed. I got the crab citrus salad, followed by the grilled tuna and practically licked my plate clean. It was soooo good.

Of course, I couldn’t stop with just that. I had to follow up my meal with one of their incredible desserts – and I recommend you do the same because they are one-of-a-kind creations that you won’t find any place else. In fact, I couldn’t decide and ended up ordering two: The carro-miso, which is a beer soaked carrot cake with mascarpone cream, and the chocolate beet cake – which sounded strange, but was the best dessert I had eaten in a while. It’s red beet mousse with chocolate gelato and raspberry coulis.

The beet cake
See? It doesn’t sound good – and it’s very red, but it’s worth every calorie.

And here's a little tip....if you want to try Taste but don’t want to spend a whole lot of money, then I recommend driving up on Monday night. That’s when they have their prix fix menu. You’ll get 3 courses for $30 – not a bad deal for the great taste of Taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment