Thursday, June 11, 2009

Houston Apartments: My vote for best space

I've always wanted to live in a swanky loft overlooking the city. You know the ones you see in the movies where the freight elevator goes right up to your unit and opens up into your living room.
Of course, these places are usually located in some scary warehouse district. And because I'm not exactly the Wolvereen or Batman, I just don't feel safe.

However, you will feel safe at the Sawyer Heights Lofts.

These lofts get my vote for best space for your money, because they are big - well most of them are big. I admit there were a couple 700 square feet units, but the majority are over 900 square feet.

While you don't get the freight elevator doorway that I dream about, you also don't get the scary warehouse vibe.

The area is growing like crazy. For those of you who aren't sure where these are, they are located by a Target just off of I-10 and two miles from downtown. Last year, the Target was the only thing there, but now there's a Chili's, a Pet Smart, a shoe store and more!

The units are also incredible. Ten-foot ceilings, hardwood floors, oversized balconies and great views are only the beginning. This place is ready for the modern urban dweller.

There's a coffee bar, a workout room with a yoga studio, a meditation garden and reflection pool, and, if you are writer like me, you can lounge by the pool and still get wireless Internet. Gotta love that.

Sawyer Heights Lofts really aim to be a peaceful oasis away from the city. They even offer complementary yoga and Pilate classes and have free Continental breakfast for their residents every second Saturday.

So what will living in a spacious loft set you back? Well, not as much as you might think. I saw a couple of 900 square feet 1 bedrooms that ran around $1200 to $1300 a month.

I did see a couple other great places. If looking for something in the same area, I also recommend checking out The Core. It's located on Washington close to the club scene. They were having some tempting move-in specials.

Another fabulous building is City Vista on Dallas Street. This one just opened up last year and the units are beautiful. They also have two pools: a lounging pool and a lap pool.

In the meantime, I now have a big pile of floor plans and a big decision to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment