Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Apartment Hunting: My Vote for Best Pool

I admit that I'm a big pool lover. I seldom actually use it, but I love knowing they are there and I like them to be pretty. So out of all the apartments I looked at, these two had the best pools.

AMLI ON DALLAS

This is the big red and orange complex on the corner of Dallas and Stafford. It doesn't look like much on the outside, the complex is actually really nice. It's also one of the cheapest places I've looked at as you can get a 1 bedroom for $1000 - not bad.

The units are spacious, all have balconies and are well maintained. They also have a fabulous gym.

But let me tell you about the pool. It's like a little lagoon and you feel like you are in a tropical resort. Ahhhhh.....

THE BEL AIR

Then there's the Bel Air. This place is my version of luxury and surprisingly it wasn't as expensive as I thought - because right now they have a 1 month free deal that they prorate over the year. So ignore the outrageous prices on their Web site because right now you can get a 1 bedroom there for $1050 or a 2 bedroom/1 bath for as little at $1450. Pretty darn good for a place this close to downtown and River Oaks.

The Bel Air kind of reminds me of a posh resort hotel like the ones along South Beach in Miami. The lobby is lavish, the workout room is incredible and the pool area is breathtaking. They even have cabanas for you and your friends to hang out in.

But the Bel Air doesn't just have one pool. They have two. In addition to the big pool where you can do laps or simply hang out, there is a more intimate smaller pool in another courtyard that is perfect for reading or relaxing in the sun.

They also have this great BBQ area for grilling and parties. Gotta love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment