Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Houston Apartments: My vote for best perks

If you live in the area, I'm sure you've noticed the construction that's happening on Kirby and Westheimer. It totally drives me nuts.

So...while I was stuck at the Westheimer light waiting for my turn to creep through, I thought maybe I should just check out those new apartments that are causing all these traffic problems.



The apartments are called West Ave.

Turns out they are kind of cool and win my vote for having the best perks.

I'm going to warn you, even though they are still under construction, they are more expensive than La Maison, which I visited yesterday -- but only a little bit more. In fact, I saw a one bedroom there for $1350 (with a two month free deal).

However, the views were really nice. This could be why they were slightly more money.

The units have hardwood livingrooms and carpeted bedrooms, and the feel is a little more "big city" compared to the "posh hotel" feel of La Maison. However, they have some really interesting perks such as units that come with wine chillers, a pet salon for pet grooming, built in bookshelfs and computer desks.

Some of the innovative things that you don't see everywhere were the built in iPod docks that could broadcast your tunes throughout your apartment via the surround sound speakers. They would also paint the accent wall in your living to your favorite color. There will also be a number of retail, wine bars and trendy restaurants opening underneath the building, making the address one of the best in town.

Sounds good?

Wait there's more --and this is the part that nearly had me signing on the dotted line --the restaurants will deliver to your unit like room service. Whoo-hoo!!!

West Ave also has a really nice workout place and a rooftop pool with a great view of the city.

But am I moving there? I don't know. We'll see where I go tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment