Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Houston Apartments: My vote for best deal

Every day, I've been looking at apartments around the city. The good news is there are some reasonable places in the inner loop and even River Oaks (who would have thought this would be possible?) that feel like you are getting more for your money.

So here's my vote for best deal - La Maison.

You may not have even noticed this place going up, but La Maison is located on 2727 Revere Street right behind Whole Foods on Kirby. In fact, it's so close to Whole Foods that you could walk there for your morning coffee if you wanted.

Of course, you can also walk to the Wine Bucket, Flemings, Ruggles Green and Borders - Yay!!

This place has more than just a great location; it's also got class.

The building is currently under construction so if you get in now, you could get a one bedroom for less than $1200 a month (I saw one for $1152). The units all have hardwood floors, gorgeous stainless steel kitchens and great balconies. It was like being in a posh hotel room.

But the rooms are only the beginning.

Like I said the place is still under construction (which is why it's so affordable at the moment), but it's going to be beautiful. How do I know? Well, you know the Bel Air on Allen Parkway? Well, this place is being developed by the same company so you know it's going to be fab when it's done.

There are two resort style swimming pools, a club room, a swanky kitchen area where they say they will cooking classes and a clothing optional sundeck on the roof for those who, well...dare.

They are also going to have this amazing giant fire feature in one of the courtyards with seating all around it. It's not complete yet, but it sounded great.

By the way, the whole place is supposed to be complete by December 2009, but tenants are starting to move in now.

It's all very cool, but my search is not over yet. I have two more places to see before I make up my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment