Monday, June 8, 2009

Girl About Town goes apartment hunting

Looks like KHOU's Girl About Town could soon be living in another part of the loop.

Yup...that's right. I'm coming up on my one year anniversary and that means my lease is also coming due.

So the crunch is on because it's either now or wait another 12 months before I have another chance to find a cheaper place - without paying a penalty.

But if you've been following my blog, you already know that I'm not a big shopper. That goes double for apartment hunting. It's stressful and, because there are so many places to see, it's exhausting.

Besides, I'm super picky.

So if I'm going to commit to living some place for a year, it's got to be the best place I can get for the little money that I have.

To make sure I get the best, I decided to cheat.

Yes, you heard me. I am cheating by passing the hard work onto someone else.

Her name is Lisa Castillo and she's an apartment locator.

Now if you've never used a professional like Lisa, you'll be in for a treat. Basically, I gave her a list of all my criteria such as the size, the price, the flooring, style, etc. Plus I wanted to be no farther than 20 minutes from the station and I wanted to be close to a few of my favorite shops (Starbuck's and Crave Cupcakes - yes, I'm still addicted. I just go less often).

Within 24 hours, she had a list for me.

I swear, it saved me hours of combing through the Internet.

Lisa is fabulous. She is even driving me to the places so I won't have to worry about being lost or wasting gas. But let me just say her contacts are the well-known complexes, so If you are looking for an apartment in a home or maybe renting someone's condo, you might be better going to Craig's list.

In the meantime, Lisa is going to start taking me out tomorrow. I'll let you know what we find.

No comments:

Post a Comment