Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Packing, packing, packing....again


Packing, packing, packing…Yes, I’m moving again.  I’m leaving tree-filled Sacramento for the land of cacti and mountains.  I’ve just accepted a position in Phoenix.
This one is a little different than my other positions.  First of all it’s not in local news, but for a national entertainment/pop culture show called “The List.” And secondly, it’s not just that the content area will be new for me, but that the entire show is new.  In fact, when I went for the interview they were still in the concept phase.  Yup, I’m coming in on the start-up team.

Of course, if the show bombs, I’ll be out of a job, but let’s not think about that.
The show is set to premiere on September 17.  I start on August 20 – so that gives me a month to get the website and social media platforms up and running – and create enough momentum to get people to watch.  Very exciting. I can’t wait!!

So in honor of my new job on The List, here’s a list of my favorite things in Sacramento:
1. Running laps around McKinley Park
  1. 2. Cycling the American River Trail
  2. 3. Living so close to Napa and San Francisco. I heart both of you
  3. 4. The Alexan Midtown and the freshly baked cookies they make every day for tenants
  4. 5. My amazing web team at News10, Mark G – who gets my digital mind, and the fabulous friends I met at the station


And because I’m a foodie, I can’t forget my top 5 food places
1)      Pancakes at Orphan

2)      Chocolates from Ginger Elizabeth

3)      Cocktails from The Porch and Red Rabbit

4)      Dinner at Tuli’s Bistro

5)      Sellands and their amazing wine guy

Of course, I’m going to miss all my friends, but I’m sure they’ll be visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment