Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happiness is fitting into last year’s shorts

The birds are singing, the air conditioning is on and the allergies I only have when I'm in Sacramento are in full force. There is only one thing left to do – get out the summer wear.

 I don’t know about you, but for some reason my winter clothes are all bulky and comfortable (and mostly black) while my summer clothes seem very small in comparison. Not that they are too short or revealing, although they do seem like that today as my legs are glow in the dark white and haven’t had UV rays on them for months. But no, I know my shorts and skirts are the correct length, it’s just that when I hold them up, they look like they may be a size too small.

After eating comfort food all winter long and hiding it under sweaters and long skirts, it’s time for Mother Nature’s own fitness test. Can I still fit in to last year’s shorts?
Sucking in my gut and trying them on before breakfast (yes, I cheated), I’m happy to say that they do fit. Yay!! They may not be as loose as they were last year, but I can sit down and still breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment