Friday, May 14, 2010

Last shuttle launch -- sob

Regrets suck. You only get one chance at life so I really try not to have any, but today I had to admit that I really wished I would have done a little advance planning.

You see, today was the day of the final shuttle launch for Atlantis and I missed it. Seeing a rocket or shuttle launch was one of the things on my “to-do” list, but you never think you will run out of time to do it. But what bugs me is I even have a friend in NASA who could have helped me see the launch if I really wanted it.

Now I know you are say “What?” You’re nuts. Why weren’t you there?”

Here’s why…I was afraid of taking the risk. The risk I’m talking about is wasting money or a vacation day because the shuttle sometimes cancels due to rain. I know. Lame.

TWO MORE SHUTTLE LAUNCHES TO GO

Anyway, this was a good lesson. While this is the last launch of Atlantis, there are two more shuttle launches scheduled and this time I'm going to put a plan in place.

Discovery is targeted for launch in September with spare parts and equipment. Endeavour is due to launch in November carrying a $2 billion, multinational particle detector known as the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer.

I will be there. Yes, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment