Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Loop is loopy

Man, I don't know about you, but I just can't get the whole West Loop/East Loop. And I'm not the only one. My GPS system also gets confused.

I swear, I get really close and as soon as I turn onto what I think is the loop my GPS suddenly loses track of me. Then it announces that it's "recalculating" in the snarky voice it uses whenever I don't follow the instructions.

But I am following instructions, really I am. I mean, how hard is it to turn left? Still, I try and am instantly lost. It's like the West Loop is part of the Bermuda Triangle and located in some sort of GPS dead zone.

So sadly, because of this, I still have not gone to the Galleria Mall (which my GPS pronounces Gal-lair-ee-a like it's malaria), but I have found some other shops close by that are on Westheimer and not by the loop. I'm not sure what the area is and have simply programmed it into my GPS as "Good Shops". All I know is that there is a Crate & Barrel and a LuluLemon which happens to be my favorite fitness clothing store.

But I've heard great things about the Galleria and one day I will get there. Maybe my GPS just doesn't want me to go shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment