Monday, May 25, 2015

Open Wine Cellar Days (Caves Ouvertes)




After living just outside of Napa for years and being able to just pop in for a wine tasting any time I wanted, I was surprised to learn that it doesn’t work that way in Switzerland. 

Sure, they will let you wander through the vineyards around the Lutry area, but you can’t just wander into a winemakers area and ask for a free sample of wine. And, I must say, that even though I had no idea Swiss actually produced wine, the wine they do produce is pretty tasty.


CAVES OUVERTES FOR TWO DAYS ONLY!

So when I heard Caves Ouvertes was happening May 23 and 24, I had to take advantage of it. For 15 CHF, you get a wine glass. With this glass you can visit 300 cellars and drink as much as you want. They do actually give you a full glass which is not what you’ll get in Napa –where you do get just a “taste”. And if you are really into wine, you can use the same glass on both days.
 


 There are some things to consider though. The route is hilly so don’t drink too much or else it will be long walk to the train station.

No comments:

Post a Comment