Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Training Secrets - REVEALED



I've been getting lots of emails about my training program for the NPC Bodybuilding Show I did in June, so I thought I would post the basics in case anyone else wanted to check it out.

Basically, I owe everything to Vanessa Campbell and Shannon Dey from Team Bombshell.   You can find them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/teambombshell.

While they look intimidating as all the girls look fabulous and are professional NPC Competitors, the
group is great and super helpful.

Shannon is the founder of Team Bombshell and does these Bombshell Bootcamp weekends in Daytona Beach. These are optional, but it's good motivation to start your journey. It costs $249 for three days of intense training.

It's worth every penny. You learn the exercises and will meet some other women who beginners, too. My weekend group had 8 girls and two of us were over 40 so that made me feel better.We all hurt at the end of the weekend (even the young girls) - which made me feel even better. I guess it's true that pain loves company.

After that weekend, I signed up for a 1 year online program. It costs $99 a month (it is cheaper if you can pay it all upfront). They also have 6 month and 3 month programs, but the shorter programs are more than $99 a month.  If you go to the Team Bombshell Facebook page and leave a message on the wall, Shannon will email you all the information.

Once you sign up, you'll get a weekly workout and a meal plan emailed to you. The food is all normal food and they don't make you take any crazy muscle building powders. They do recommend vitamins and stuff like that. You also get one cheat meal a week which I totally looked forward to.

Because this was an online training program, every week I had to take a photo of myself and email it Shannon so she could see my progress. She would send back tips, advice and sometimes tweek my workouts and meal plans depending on how my body was responding. Vanessa was also there helping out with workout questions and advice whenever you needed it. 

Shannon also picked out my first NPC show to compete in. She choose one in San Diego for me to go to that wasn't too big and then helped me get ready by doing everything from picking out the color of my suit, to what makeup I needed and even how to wear my hair.

For 8 weeks, all I had to do was follow her advice and the plan exactly and I knew I would be okay (although, I did cheat a bit at the beginning). It was hard work, but I felt great and I love how strong I feel now that I've been with the program for a few months.

I'm not going to lie to you.  It was hard. 

While Shannon and Vanessa will do everything they can to make sure you have a winning plan, it's still you who will have to go to the gym 5 days a week and make the meals on the plan. It takes dedication as you will be tempted to go out drinking with the girls, eat chips and chocolate when PMSing (or when you had a bad day at work).  You'll also be tempted to sleep in and skip your workout.

But if this is something you want to do, stick with it. The results are worth it.

FOLLOW MICHELLE PONTO ON FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment