Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Best Oyster sandwich in New Orleans



New Orleans is one those places where you can always find good food and good music.  On my last visit, I stayed in the Warehouse District and it's my new favorite part of New Orleans. So many great restaurants and some cool art galleries.

This delicious delight was from Cochon Restaurant. I ordered an Oyster Sandwich (without the bacon)- because I like oysters and somehow I thought it would be low fat.

Ha!!! I never thought it would be fried oysters -- then I remembered I'm in the South. It's all fried. It was about a billion calories but soooooo good.  I was tempted to go back a second time and get it again.

If you have a visit coming up at Cochon, it's located at 920 Tchoupitoulas Street and is worth dropping in for lunch -- although if you can, make a reservation as there's usually a long wait.  The executive chef is Donald Link who earned a James Beard award for Best Chef South.


No comments:

Post a Comment