Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Girl of Sandwich

Sandwiches. Delicious, yummy, out-of-this-world sandwiches.
I’m sitting in the Heathrow Airport in London and having a late lunch as I wait for my plane to Ireland. I had completely forgotten how much I love sandwiches from the UK. They are the best thing to…um…go with…sliced bread!

People always make fun of English cooking, saying it is bland and boring compared to the fare of France and Italy, but I don’t care. I could live on these sandwiches. What’s crazy is that I don’t even like sandwiches in the United States, but here it’s totally different. Here I am the Girl of Sandwich.

Today I got a tuna, watercress, cucumber and mustard sandwich on some sort of grain bread. It was prepackaged and nothing fancy, but it was heaven and so much better than a Subway or Quinzos sandwich.

I would show you, but my phone battery died somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean so you’re going to have to take my word for it. It was mmm….mmm…good.

PS My iPhone won’t work as a phone in Ireland, but I brought it as my camera as it takes up no room in my cycling pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment