Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Secret Wish: Be a guest judge on food show


Bobby Flay during taping of Iron Chef America - AP
 This request could not have come at a better time. After weeks of eating bland low-fat food, I received an invitation to judge a cooking competion. Yay!!

You know I love food - really good food, but I bet you didn't know that I've always wanted to be a guest judge on one of The Food Network cooking show.  I've always been reluctant to apply because I don't eat red meat -- but if they ever have an extreme dessert or chocolate challenge and need someone to taste stuff, I am soooo there.

This time I'll be judging the "Who's Cuisine Will Reign Supreme" challenge at Atria El Camino Gardens in Carmichael.  I don't know much about it yet, but I've been told that it will be an Iron Chef-style competition -- which I love.

I also know the chef's competing are Chef Ray Duey from Woodbridge, Chef Susan Stangroom, Chef Ron Barker and Chef John Holloway.  If you're a big Food Network fan then you might recognize Ray Duey from there. He was part of the team that won The Food Network Challenge: “The Rematch: Fantasy Fruit Sculpture".

Can't wait to see what they make.  It's happening on June 23 - just over a week from now.  So cool!

Follow Michelle Ponto on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment