Thursday, June 16, 2011

A little French pampering

What’s does a NPC competitor do the night before a fitness competition? Get her nails done.

Yup, that’s right. After weeks of sweating, lifting weights and eating healthy, the night before my big competition isn’t spent in the gym. Instead I spent it running around Midtown and East Sac looking for a place that does French Manicures – without an appointment.

My first choice was Curvee on H Street because that’s where I get my hair done and I know they were having a $40 deal for a mani/pedi. Sadly, they were booked up and couldn’t squeeze me. But it turned out to be a blessing, because otherwise I would have never discovered East Sac Nails & Spa.

Located at H and Elvas, East Sac Nails & Spa just opened 6 months ago. It’s clean with a nice relaxing atmosphere. The staff is friendly – plus they know what they are doing.

You aren’t going to get those chairs with the massage. Instead, you get the real thing: Hands on service with people who are trained to do nails.

The price for a basic manicure/Pedicure is $40, but you can get a “deluxe” version for $10 more. This includes a deep moisturizing exfoliating treatment, a hydrating mask or a paraffin dip and hot stone massage.

It was well deserved 60 minutes of peace.

Check them out. They are located at 713 56th Street in East Sacramento.

Follow Michelle Ponto on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment