Friday, November 21, 2008

Seduced into the "Twilight" zone

I admit it. I'm hooked. I tried to resist, but after hearing all the hype about Stephenie Meyer's best-selling series "Twilight," I finally caved and bought the books...and then I couldn't put them down.

Yes, it's true...I've been seduced into the Twilight zone!!!

Thankfully, I'm not the only one who has gone gaga over the whole girl-meets-vampire phenomena. Millions have read the series (there's 4 books and one online book). And now there's a movie that has fans lining up. In fact, according to Fandango, a company that tracks movie ticket sales, theaters have been selling up to five tickets per second.

And get this....they claim that Twilight advanced ticket sales have surpassed "Harry Potter" and "Lord of the Rings" sales.

So what's the big deal? Is it the magic? Is it the forbidden love? Is it the danger?

I'm convinced that it's a combination of it all.

Underneath all the supernatural fun, the story is your traditional romance. You know the one where the girl is just your average teenager who happens falls for someone totally out of her species -- kind of like I did for Kermit the Frog when I was five.

Of course, the hero of Twilight is a little less green than Kermit, and much more seductive. But then again, he was created to be irresistible to his prey -- namely humans. Sigh.

I'm not going to tell you anything more. You'll just have to read the book...or see the movie which just came out on November 21. Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment