Monday, March 28, 2016

Tea by the Irish Sea




Ireland with all its ruggedness always calls to me. It’s cold, rainy, windy and the sea is always angry when I visit. But they do make the best scones and there is nothing like a hot pot of tea to take the chill off.





This March I had the chance to see Ireland through the eyes of my friend who grew up there.

 

I only had a weekend, but we covered a lot of ground, and visited all of his favorite old haunts from his college days.



Naturally, we hit all his favorite pubs. But also did a bit walking along the sea in between rain showers. 




 He took me to Trinity College where he did his PhD and then gave me his tour of the some tourist things I’ve been trying to see but hadn’t got around to such as the Long Hall and the Book of Kells. 


Sometimes all you need to rejuvenate your soul is a change of scenery...and catching up with a good friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment