Thursday, February 11, 2016

There’s just something about Thailand





One of my favorite trips to date has been Thailand. I spent a week in the Golden Triangle last year and the energy in Bangkok is fantastic. There’s just something about this country that I love. It may be the people, the food, the weather, the tropical plants…or maybe it’s the elephants. Whatever it is, Thailand always leaves me in awe. (read my blog post on Thailand's Golden Triangle)



This time I thought I would try the Hua Hin District. It’s about 200 km South of Bangkok but it takes 3 hours to get from the Bangkok airport to the area. Although it took nearly 4 when I arrived as the traffic was crazy. But it’s worth the long ride, and the scenery along the highway isn’t the best, once you get off them and towards the coast, you will be blown away by the beauty.



The beaches in this area are absolutely enchanting. I stayed at the Anantara Hua Hin Resort in early December, which I was told is good time to go as the hotel rates are inexpensive at that time as the holiday crowd hasn’t arrived yet.


All you can tell from the photos, the resort was lovely and the perfect place for me to unwind and rejuvenate myself for 3 days before going back to work.  It was so beautiful that it was sad to say goodbye to this view from my balcony. But I'm sure I will be back to Thailand one day.  



No comments:

Post a Comment