Thursday, September 1, 2011

Planning my Trip to Ireland - Part 5

Amazing day today! I have finally found the hotel where I’ll be staying during the cycling part of the my Ireland tour.

No, it’s not the Park Hotel Kenmare. I’ve emailed them and discovered they do have Hybrid Giant bikes I can rent for the day, but at close to $400 a night, they are a little out of my price range for a long term stay.

I may check out their spa or have dinner there though. It looks lovely.  And I admit, one of the advantages of being on my NPC Bodybuilding plan is that I'm saving money -- mostly because I can't eat out as often or go to Starbucks.

But even though I can't quite afford the Park Kenmare, my little hotel is just as cute and the people were so helpful.

Not only did they respond to my email within 24 hours, they also gave me the name of where I could rent a bike close by and a list of places I should check out while there.  And I love the name of the bike place - It's Nigel's Bikes. Don't you love it? Wonder if Nigel will be there when I pick up my bike.

So where is this dreamy place? It’s called Seaview House and it’s located in Ballylickey on the shore of Bantry Bay.

They tell me it’s close to the Ring of Kerry (might have to drive to this) and close by a 120 km long biking route that will take me down the northern side of Sheep’s Head Peninsula. So even if I don’t see sheep, at least I can go to a place that has sheep in the name.

They also said there are a bunch of cozy little pubs close by that play Irish music. Love it!

And here’s the best part. It’s 4-stars and only costs $110 a night and that includes breakfast!

This trip is finally coming together.  I checked and I only need a valid US driver's license to rent a car there -- and I can rent an automatic.

Just need to find a place to stay in Dublin and I'm all set. So glad I didn't give up on this dream trip. This is going to be fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment