Thursday, August 11, 2011

Planning My Dream Trip to Ireland – part 2

Still working on my next bucket list adventure.

Sleeping on it didn’t really give me a solution to my Ireland Dream Trip, but it did give me courage.

Here's what I've come up with -- instead of booking the cycling part of the trip with a tour, I’m now going to create my own trip that fits within my time and money boundaries.

Yup, that's right..I will be going solo on my Going Solo adventure.  No tour guides. No schedules. Just me and a rented bike.

All I need is a portable GPS to strap onto my bike (or me) to make sure I don't get lost along the way.

And that's the part that scares me a bit. The getting lost part.

If you've ever traveled (or even hung out with me), you know I have absolutely no sense of direction.  It's a big flaw when you love to travel as much as I do, but over the years I've kind of accepted being lost and don't panic or stress about it. 

It's just that I've never been lost on a bike in a foreign country.

But I refuse to let fear bring me down.  I can do this.  I can read a map. I can work a GPS system. I can leave bread crumbs and drop them on the road if I have to -- although that didn't work so well for Hanzel and Gretal.

No comments:

Post a Comment